Let’s face it, growing up most of us didn’t have the privilege to be taught some important things concerning cleanliness and especially when it comes to feminine hygiene, particularly cleaning our vaginas. I remember that the first time my mum and I had a conversation concerning it, was when I was a teenager, as she told me never to allow any man to touch me there. And that’s all.
So I had to maneuver through all of it, until I became an adult, and that’s when I started to learn these things. How to properly wash my kitty cat. How to prevent myself from getting yeast infections, bacterial virginousis, etc and how to practice safe sex.
Here came another disaster, in my early twenties I got an infection, it wasn’t major but it was something. I went to the doctor, he gave me some meds and told me to use clean toilets and avoid using tissues down there. I was confused and he went ahead to explain to me how I should be more careful with my kitty cat and show some love to her. I will share some of them below;
- Do not use a harsh/rough or contaminated tissue down there after urinating, use a soft one and make sure it’s not contaminated. If it’s pop always wipe front to back to avoid bringing pop near your missV.
- Avoid scented soups, when it comes to cleaning your Vagina. You wash the inside with water alone and the outside with water and unscented soup.
- Take natural yoghurt often as it will help do away with bad yeast down there.
- Wash everytime after sex.
- Try as hard as possible to have a single sexual partner because by having many, you’re risking yourself to get bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections plus all the other STDs.
- Always and I repeat always use protection…condomise.
- And finally go for medical check-ups more often.
It’s the 21 century y’all, let’s open up and talk about these things so that our younger sisters and daughters will not go through what we millennials and especially of the African parents went through.
Peace and light.